This week I have a very simple goal – I have 8 inches of quilting left on my Hexie Wall Hanging, I want to get it done. I know 8 inches doesn’t seem like much but matchstick quilting is way more time consuming than I ever thought! I have a small goal because tomorrow night my MOM is coming for a visit!!!
What do you have going on?
I also have to respond to emails – sorry I am so far behind, I have been under the weather the last 2 weeks, but I feel like I’m turning the corner finally!
Oh my goodness, time to set some long range goals for myself. Not super long range, only the end of June, but nonetheless I need to do this to keep on track!
These goals are in not in order of priority.
1. I need to re-make my Flowering Lone Star in more modern fabrics and write the pattern.
2. I need to make End of year teacher gifts – I’m thinking boxy pouches will be good and I have my awesome Craftsy class for my serger – they literally take about 30 minutes.
3. I need to finish my Hexie Swap project – my ALYOF April goal is to finish by the end of April, if I miss that goal, it isn’t due to ship until the beginning of May so I have some wiggle room.
4. I need to quilt and bind my Modern Metallics challenge piece.
5. I need to make something for the Modern Quilt Guild Michael Miller Challenge. I don’t have a picture for this one, but I do have fabric!
Make sure you head over to Katy’s blog and link up! You have until tomorrow!
So there you have it 5 goals in 3ish months. Wish me luck!
March was a fantastic month with so many amazing finishes. We would like to give a shout out to our wonderful sponsors who continue to make finishing our projects that much more fun! Shanna and I hope you are all making good progress on your April finishes – I have about 100 more lines of quilting to do on mine (matchstick quilting, what was I thinking!).
3, 4. TWO winners each getting to choose one pdf pattern
Pauline – Quilt n Queen
9. 1 Charm pack or $10.00 gift certificate to
I love online quilting bees. I’ve been doing them for the last 3 years now. I just found out on Instagram that the 4×5 Modern Quilt Bee over on Flickr just opened for Spring registration and my friend Ella from Throw a Wench in the Works is running the bee this quarter!
I’ve been collecting blocks for my Yellow, Aqua and Gray quilt for at least 1.5 years now. I am 12 blocks shy so I’m leaping in with Shanna from Fiber of All Sorts and joining the bee. I will get at least 6 blocks closer to my goal!
I need a name for this quilt, help me name it with your caption below!
And because Anne wanted to help me lay out the blocks and just had to have her picture taken too…here’s some cuteness for your day!
Have a wonderful Wednesday and make it a great day!
I missed last week but I’m back for Week 15! My goal this week is very simple, make Anne’s Easter Dress. My mom is coming to visit and I want it done before she gets here so I have time to relax and visit with her.
I think I’m a touch crazy for making a tank dress but it is what Anne picked out and I’m pretty sure it is within my sewing skill set. I’ve not used a Butterick pattern before, I’m praying the instructions are clear.
While I was taking the above picture, Anne came in and said she made me a cake and would I take her picture, so here she is, in all her baking glory!
I hope everyone has a great week!!!